Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ben Blood will "not" be suspended by the WCHA...

dWestern Collegiate Hockey Association logoImage via WikipediaI emailed Doug Spencer from the WCHA to inquire there was going to be any any other supplemental discipline for Ben Blood from the WCHA. There will not be.
Doug Spencer informed me, "that the league is satisfied with UND’s response (see UND release below) to the incident in the UND vs UM game on Jan. 14 and no further action will be taken.
----

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota Head Coach Dave Hakstol announced today that he has revoked senior defenseman Ben Blood’s assistant captaincy due to an altercation that occurred during the post-game handshake following Saturday night’s game against Minnesota.

“Regardless of any provocation, Ben’s actions in the post-game handshake were not acceptable,” said Hakstol. “The handshake line is a traditional, gentlemanly part of our game where, at the end of a hard-fought battle, opponents show good sportsmanship and shake hands like men.”

Hakstol added that Blood will be subject to further internal team disciplinary actions.

“I’m not proud of my behavior,” said Blood. “That’s not how I want to represent our program, and that’s not how we handle ourselves here. I understand and respect the punishment, and I’ll move forward and not let my emotions get the best of me in the future.”

You can see from this UND video that Head Coach Dave Hakstol was not pleased with Ben Blood's actions on Saturday night.

Enhanced by Zemanta