Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Worth a listen? - This weeks GPL Podcast...

If you haven't listened to the Gopher Puck Live Podcast it's remotely entertaining. I listen to their podcast every week when I am out walking the dog or riding my bike. It's definitely skewed toward the Minnesota Golden Gophers hockey team but still interesting.

This week the first 7-8 minutes is spent complaining about the refs and how the WCHA officials called the Gophers and Mavericks game poorly. Hello!  What did you expect? I have been saying some of the stuff for years.

Apparently, they just got the memo down in the "Cities," I am going to say that it's not an earth shattering revelation. I guess when your team is taking 14.6 minutes per game in penalties minutes, you're going to see your team spending a lot of time in the penalty box.
Ryan Cardinal on the refs, “I didn’t buy into the whole the WCHA referees are garbage, mainly because it started from Grand Forks, and I usually go the other way whatever those people think, but I am totally on board with that now, it’s getting worse by the weekend, it almost seems. “
[Click to listen

For all of these years Sioux fans have been called "halos" by Gopher fans. What the heck does this qualify as?
Also, before someone comes on here from the Gopher fan base and accuses me of being a Gopher hater or something to that nature, this wasn’t my intention. I enjoyed the hilarity of their podcast and I am passing it along so others have a chance to listen to it.There is not a lot of college hockey talk anywhere and I genuinely like this podcast. Email all questions to podcast@gopherpucklive.com...
Enhanced by Zemanta