Monday, June 27, 2011

Rocco Grimaldi post draft interview...


I am excited that Rocco Grimaldi is going to be a member of the Fighting Sioux to start the 2011-2012 season. I think this highly skilled forward is going to be a great addition to the Fighting Sioux because Grimaldi is going to add much needed speed and skill to the Fighting Sioux line up... I predict that Grimaldi will be a top 6 forward that will play on the first or second line. I also like the fact that Rocco is going to have something to prove when he steps out on the ice as well. It will be nice to see a player like him on the Fighting Sioux side of the ice instead of watching a player of his skill dancing through our defenses scoring goals, Nathan Gerbe is a player that comes to mind.

Corey Hanlon; NESN ---- Rocco Grimaldi, selected by the Florida Panthers with the third pick in the second round of the 2011 NHL draft, stands at 5-foot-6 -- roughly the size of Zdeno Chara's leg. In a rebuilding franchise, Grimaldi could be making a big difference on the ice sooner rather than later and earn the title of shortest player in the league.

"It’s kind of annoying after a while, but it’s also kind of exciting to sit there not knowing what’s going to happen next," Grimaldi told Yahoo. "I still have to go out and prove people wrong, which I’ve done my whole life and I’m going to continue to do."

Grimaldi scored 34 goals in 50 games last season with the U.S. National Development team. He has committed to the University of North Dakota next year.
Enhanced by Zemanta