Sunday, May 22, 2011

Nathan Horton's Hit On Steve Downie


I honestly can’t fault the referee from his perspective, the ref in his opinion believed Steve Downie embellished his fall after being hit into the boards by Bruins forward Nathan Horton late in the second period of last night’s game, calling the Tampa Bay Lightning wing Hack Steve Downie for diving. Apparently, after further review Uber Hack Downie wasn’t faking, in fact Downie never returned to the game and is listed as day-to-day.

To be honest with you, I feel no empathy what-so-ever for Steve Downie because in my opinion he is one of the dirtiest players in the NHL. Seriously! I honestly can’t imagine anyone even caring. How many games has this clown/buffoon been suspended by the NHL/AHL in his short career? Reviewing the Steve Downie hit parade he stared out his NHL career by receiving a 20 game suspension for a dirty hit on Dean McAmmond in an exhibition game… Steve Downie followed up that smooth move with a 20- game suspension for slashing an AHL official.

Hey I admit that while the call was probably a reputation call and the wrong call, I believe that Downie has earned his reputation based on his actions on the ice, maybe if he just clean up his act, he might get the benefit of the doubt once in a while. I say whatever, you earned it Steve, you live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Enhanced by Zemanta