Thursday, February 03, 2011

Update on the condition of Fighting Sioux forward Danny Kristo

Here is the latest on Fighting Sioux forward Danny Kristo... Sounds like he is very fortunate.
St. Paul, Minn. - Feb. 3 - University of North Dakota hockey player Danny Kristo remains in fair condition at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn.

Kristo, who is suffering from frostbite on the toes of his right foot, maintains full use of all of his extremities and is in the early stages of recovery.

"I'm doing fine, I'm planning on recovering as safely and as quickly as possible," Kristo said. "I'm just trying to get better day by day. I'm doing better today than I was yesterday and I was doing better yesterday than I was the day before. I'm feeling a lot better than I was the first two days.

"I definitely feel fortunate, I definitely feel lucky. I want to say thanks to the fans and friends and family members who have prayed for me."

Said Kristo's father, Mark Kristo: "Our family wants to express our sincere gratitude for all of the thoughts and prayers from his friends, supporters and the Sioux family during these past few days."

After being discharged from Regions Hospital, Kristo is expected to remain at his parents' home in Eden Prairie, Minn., for continued treatment before returning to Grand Forks.