Friday, January 22, 2010

Yawn! Sioux 0 Cornell 1


I watched the game on the internet tonight Kudos to Cornell their internet broadcast was top notch. That being said, this is too bad because this was one of the most boring games that I have watched in at least the last three years. UND scored two goals that didn’t count, story of the season.

The one goal was questionable in that it was one of those ref lost sight of the puck/ref blew the whistle early calls, the other one as per Brad Schlossman: UND's video guy says he thinks the puck may have gone in, but like Hajdu said, nobody reacted like they scored.

Here is the way I saw it, UND skated circles around Cornell tonight, they played a collapsing defense and they basically circled the wagons around there goaltender, they got a break and cashed in on it. I don’t think UND would be afraid to play Cornell in the NCAA’s. Cornell is a decent team but they couldn’t skate with UND in an up and down the ice race horse hockey game. The game really wasn't that close in puck possession and UND out shot them 28-14.

For the Fighting Sioux freshman goalie Aaron Dell (.915 SV% 1.34 AA 1- 2- 1)played pretty well, he was square to the puck and not getting caught out of possition and I hope coach Hakstol starts him tomorrow night; I am trying to remain positive but I am tired of watching Brad Eidsness stink up the joint and let in soft goals and over play the puck. I think Eids needs to sit on the bench and watch a few games.

[Box Score]
BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. Goon, did you go to the BSU game? The fans sounded pretty crazy but the UMD and UND series are always the best ones at BSU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't able to go because of the Weather, I was going to go but I am glad that I didn't go because I heard it was really tough going. I would have loved to have been there.

    ReplyDelete