Monday, March 31, 2008

Kozy's goal send UND to Denver.

I could watch this video all day and it wouldn't get old. At the beginning of the season I thought Andrew Kozek had the potential score 20 goals, I guess I wasn't too far off on his goal total. I suppose Andrew Kozek is going to have to score a couple more of those highlite reel goals during the Frozen Four because he is currently sitting at 18 goals on the season and surpassed his career total of 12 goals his first two seasons. The kid has a quick release and has been working on getting his shots off faster all season long.

Sioux fans are spoiled?

I think as Sioux fans sometimes we take for granted that our team is going to be there in the playoffs year after year. Four Frozen Fours in four years, that is unprecidented. Michigan hasn't been to the Frozen Four since 2003. Maybe we don't realize how good we have it as Sioux hockey fans. I think it makes living up here in the frozen tundra more tolerable.

2 comments:

  1. I think I have seen enough of that replay. I bet that Drewiske wishes that shot would have been a little higher to have him sing soprano for awhile rather then end his career.

    It was truly a great game and even though the outcome was not desirable, it was what hockey and the playoffs are all about -- two rivals mixing it up and playing extremely well. Although watching the Badgers play last night I was wishing that Miami would have been the 1 seed in Madison, b/c I am quite certain there would have been two teams from the WCHA representing then.

    Not sure if you are headed to Denver but we will be there cheering for the Sioux vs BC yet again (here is hoping ND brings their A game in game 1 for a change), but please let me know where the Sioux pregame party is as I need to track down a few of your comrades who sat in front of me last night and now I owe them a frosty one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be able to go to the game but I will be watching it on TV...

    ReplyDelete