Monday, July 30, 2007

New addition to the Goon's World Team

Goon's Wife and Abby Jo
I have been slacking, the dog days of summer. I guess you could say that there is a good reason for the lack of posting right now. Add to the fact that there really is nothing of note going on right now in the hockey world as far as news goes. I guess there is one exception; the Edmonton Oilers have been over inflating the price of RFAs.

Whew! I guess I can say that it has been a busy and emotional week. First off I got news last weekend that a good friend of mine passed away a week ago this last Friday. So I traveled to Bemidji to attend his funeral on Thursday, that was a tough one as my friend was only 34 years old. I guess that puts things into perspective that there are lot more important thing in life than sports. Fast forward to Friday morning: My wife and I added a new member to our family as we adopted a new born baby girl. My wife and I named our new addition to our family Abby Jo. Whew... Everyone keeps telling me that my life will change forever, today is the first day the baby has been home so I guess I will give you an update later in the week.

I will warn everyone right now (this is for family members and my jokester friends) my daughter will NOT wear anything that has a Green Bay Paker, a Minnesota Gopher, a cheesy "M" or a dirty Bison any where on it. Any thing with Sioux, Beavers, Mavericks, Wild and Vikings is acceptable though.

12 comments:

  1. I think you meant to say 'NOT!' wear anything, but...

    Congratulations!!!

    You're going to love it!

    Your time will definitely be more limited but for a great cause!

    Awesome news!

    So, what do you think about Wildcats?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildcats would be ok, its not offensive like the Gophers or Packers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    email me your address so I can send you something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! How cute would Abby look in a Maverick outfit?!?!

    If she gets one, will you post her picture on here with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and don't put that cutie in ugly Vikings crap. That's child abuse!! Those stupid punks are about 5 blocks away from me right now. Puke. I can't stand them. Cripes, I bet if I would sit outside long enough I would see them drive by or something. Ick. I hate the Vikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOOOOOOON!!!!

    Congratulations!!!

    Please tell me the lack of TWINS in that list was a grave oversight!! You haven't given up on our boys have you??

    Seriously, that's so exciting! HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have received the card I sent the other day.

    I thought about getting her a Sioux outfit, but I'm not that good at shopping, hence the gift card.

    Now we can call you Goon-Papa, and call your daughter by her initials, A.J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! This is one of the most important things in life, other than Sioux hockey!!!!! You think you are a big Sioux fan, you just wait. If she starts swaying towards white and orange, lock her in her room, forever. Yes, your life will change. It is for the better, not worse. It is fun and challenging to watch them grow. HAVE FUN and see you in 60 + days. Mar & Gar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops! I ment to say gold and maroon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So since you love WI so much, if I send Brewers stuff will that be burned along with anything Packers or Gophers? Hehe. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nin, I love Wisconsin and the people of Wisconsin, I also love Miller Lite and Point beer.

    I just don't like the Green Bay packers, I have nothing against the brewers. I sure you aren't a big fan of the vikes or Twins either?

    Come to think of it I am not a big fan of either teams right now. As far as defiling a Brewers jersey probably not...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually I like the Twins although they are not my favorite, they rank in the top 5. The Vikes though I do not like.

    I could get a Point beer shirt for the little one though ;)

    ReplyDelete