Monday, April 23, 2007

The Video is up from Brad May Sucker Punch on the Wild's Kim Johnsson


Again I have touched on this before in another blog article; from the video you can see what May did was inexcusable and I don't believe that Johnsson should have to accept May's apology, it was a gutless act and there is no excuse for what May did. I mean I could see if it was Derrick Boogaard or some other know fighter/tough guy but he suckered Kim Johnsson isn't known for being a fighter and only had 64 minutes in penalties on the season while May has appeared in 868 career NHL games, scoring 123-152=275 points with 2,027 penalty minutes (PIM), not exactly Lady Byng numbers.

Here is another clip of that game four on 4-17-07 clip. I have to say that the homer announcers for the Anaheim Duck's are a coupld of clowns if they think that Kim Johnsson was turtling, how can that be when your hit with a sucker punched? This is the same sucker punch that cause Kim to suffer a concussion and miss game five of the series. I am not sure where these two clowns cans say something stupid like that.

1 comment:

  1. It really isn't necessarily about the sport its-self. The NHL, NBA, NFL, and MLB are big business. For a number of reasons I just don't enjoy watching it much anymore. One more reason is just how overhyped things are. The NHL of course is less so than the others.

    Since the "no season" season I've been feeling more and more this way and other hockey leagues are looking a ton more appealing.

    Thankfully there is plenty of hockey around here (NCAA, high-school, NAHL, MN Junior Hockey League, etc). I do wish there was an AHL team here. Luckily I'm in sourthern MN, so a trip to Iowa to see the Iowa Stars isn't out of the realm of possibility.

    ReplyDelete