Friday, September 22, 2006

Wake Me up When September Ends.

Wake me up when its over
It’s Upon Us.
Ah yes the August heat has come and gone, September is almost over and the yearly right of passage Ducktober is upon us. The golf clubs are ready to be put away for yet another season. I am not sure that is a bad thing, because God knows there can’t be many good shots left in them for the season. Actually it was a pretty good golf season as I played decent golf for most of the summer, to revisit an old cliché a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work. But I digress. A good day of golf doesn’t come close to a good day of hunting.
Dakota sporting a new hunting vest
The Waterfowl season opens in North Dakota for residents Saturday at first light. I think Green Day said it best “Summer has come and passed the innocent can never last wake me up when September ends.” With the beginning of Ducktober also comes college and NHL hockey season’s openers. It just doesn’t get any better than this. This is the time I year I look forward to the most. It’s just too bad October and November aren’t 6 months long.

3 comments:

  1. This is your THREE (3) DAY WARNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.boingboing.net/2006/09/27/tsa_calling_kip_hawl.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please tell me its going to be a right leaning blog. Love the name too much dog hair.

    ReplyDelete