Friday, January 27, 2006

UND plays SCSU; Angels against the Bully Boys.



Check out the crap that St Cloud Times Kevin Allenspach writer wrote about the Fighting Sioux hockey team in his weekly article. This is article in my opinion a hatchet job, a tabloid fish wrapper article. If this doesn’t get Sioux fans and the player blood boiling you have to be dead. This clown just called your team a bunch of goons. The UND Fighting Sioux are a tough team not a bunch of goons and thugs. I hope UND goes out and kicked SCSU ass tonight (on the score board). I wouldn't want UND proving me wrong.
Despite a dozen rookies, North Dakota has lived up to its long reputation as a rough-and-tumble bunch. The Sioux have been sentenced to more penalty minutes than any team in college hockey this season, and lead the WCHA with an average of more than 28 PIM per game.

The Huskies, by comparison, are downright angels on skates. They've never exceeded 29, and average approximately 14. Their self-restraint will be tested this weekend at Engelstad Arena, where they know it will be paramount to maintaining a hot streak that has St. Cloud State surprisingly in sixth place. "It's just a normal game against North Dakota if there's a lot of stuff going on," said Huskies junior Justin Fletcher, who has a team-best six-game point streak. "You know they're going to take some penalties. Your power play has to be on top of its game and you can't lose your composure. You have to be ready to play them 5-on-5 or 4-on-4."


Head Coach Bob Motzko is no better: I have lost what little respect I had for this clown with his quote on UND. Sounds like he has drank the Don Lucia Kool Aid also. Same old tired crap UND is a bunch of hacks and goons. I just miss hearing we have a bunch of 25 year old Canadians.

"We talk about it — I tell (the players) every week that we can't take foolish, selfish penalties," said Motzko, 12-9-3 overall in his first season as head coach. "North Dakota, they're notorious for roughing it up. If you see a fight in our league, chances are they're involved. It's a source of pride for them. They try to get nasty and get in your face. That's the way they like to play, aggressive. We've got to be ready for that."

I hope UND goes out and takes it to the SCSU= Jan Brady State University. A program dedicated to playing mediocre hockey.

5 comments:

  1. The Fighting Sioux name is going no where, NO WHERE...

    As far as Vanek and Parise, notice Parise plays the penatly kill, Vanek doesn't

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Goon, I take it you somehow are connected to my Sister Zoe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAV, I work with her at TSA.

    To the Anti-Goon Good luck with the BADgers tonight they are going to come out smoking mad and are going to be all over Briggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I'm a sioux fan also. Feel free to be brutal on my blog, I don't take too much personal, the whole point is to have a discussion outside the usual "Preaching to the Choir" which usually takes place in politics.

    Nice lookin' dogs by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dakota is a hard charging super lab. I would put him against any lab that I know. I am sure my Bro would disagree with me but he is hands down lights out amazing.


    As far as UND goes, I am done emotionally with these guys, the are a bunch of prima-donna's, pretty boys, they aren't going anywhere this year. I am so happy I spent 126.00 on regional tickets so I can watch the Minnesota Gophers get some patsies and skate the to the Frozen Four. I am not ready to call for Hak's head yet but I am sick and tired of losing to shit bag teams and hearing excuses from the media, ie thier young, they are a year away. I say bull shit.

    ReplyDelete