Sunday, March 06, 2016

The NCHC Playoffs are Here

The four quarterfinal series are set. 
No. 8 seed Colorado College at No. 1 seed North Dakota
No. 7 seed Western Michigan at No. 2 seed St. Cloud State
No. 6 seed Omaha at No. 3 seed Denver

No. 5 seed Miami at No. 4 seed Minnesota Duluth

Predictions:
UND in 2
SCSU in 2
DU in 3
UMD in 2 

I don't see C.C. or Western Michigan getting past the top seeds. UNO is in a tailspin and Denver is smoking hot right now. The Bulldogs have won four games in a row since being swept by UND. 

It "should" be UND vs. UMD and SCSU vs. DU in the Frozen Faceoff.

2 comments:

  1. There will be one upset this weekend. My money would be on Miami over UMD...but I can see UNO over Denver. I am confident that either UND or SCSU will be taken to 3 games this week. If I had to guess I would say that CC has a better chance of taking UND to a third game than Western Michigan winning a game against a team that beat them 4 times and outscored them by a total of something like 30-5. With that being said...SCSU has laid a few clunkers out there this year...so it is not above them. I just dont think either team could lose a three game series to either WMU or CC. Cant wait to see what happens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see UND losing to C.C. In the last 15 games against CC UND is 13-1-1. C.C. has lost 9 games in a row and has been outscored 13-43.

      Delete