Sunday, November 08, 2015

The NFL Needs to Suspend Lamarcus Joyner



I am still fuming about this hit three hours after the game. There's no excusing Lamarcus Joyner's dirty, unnecessary hit on Minnesota Viking quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. You have a quarterback that is sliding and a defensive player that decides that he's going to light up a vulnerable player anyways.

I think this hit deserves a suspension, and I surprised that Joyner wasn't kicked out of the game. This is dirty no matter how you sliced it. Joyner hit Bridgewater in the facemask with his elbow. If you watched the game today, you would have seen that Teddy was knocked out on the hit. Joyner was given an unnecessary roughness penalty, but it's not enough in my opinion.

Obviosuly, the Vikings head coach is unhapy with the dirty hit.

"I would say that if we were out on the street, we would probably would have had a fight," Zimmer said.

No comments:

Post a Comment