Wednesday, June 10, 2015

UND Nickname Committee Cuts Nickname List to 15

There are the 15 nicknames under consideration to be UND's new nickname. If you're holding your nose, you're not the only one. If fans are in favor of the nickname that you like on this list, be vocal. 

I highlighted the ones that I think are acceptable. Copyright the Whistler. 

I puzzled that the committee decided to get rid of anything that points UND's aviation school. That makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

Thank God for Karl Goehring...
Continuing to play simply as "North Dakota" is still an option. Goehring said in his experience with the last task force, many alumni were in favor of it.

• Blaze - I am surprised that this is still an option. Obvious reasons. Blaze up.
• Cavalry - Here comes your 7th Cavalry.
• Explorers - Boring.
• Fighting Green - I would rather be Green Machine.
• Fighting Hawks - Maybe this can grow on me.
• Force - We already have the Fargo Force.
• Green Hawks - Drop the "Green" and sure.
• Nodaks - Redundant. I think I am quoting Charlie from Hockey Bias now.
• North Dakota - Number one choice. 
• North Stars - Second choice. 
• Pride - Bad nickname.
• Roughriders - We already have a high school with that name.
• Spirit - Dumb.
• Sundogs - Even dumber. I might have a stroke.
• Thunder Hawk - Whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment