Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Play the GM for an Hour

by Redwing77

Ok, I heard an ad for this segment on NHL radio on Sirius/XM and I was unable to catch this segment but it got me thinking.

Here's what the host challenged:  You are the GM of your favorite team for 1 hour in which you can make any ONE move, no strings attached.  What would it be?

The host stipulated that it could be a front office move, a trade, a buyout, a signing, or whatever realistically possible and rational (so, no "I'd trade my 2015 7th round draft pick for Jonathan Toews" nonsense).

Which team would it be and what would you do?

After following the Blackhawks this postseason, and I was Bowman, I'd go against the grain and try to keep Sharp and get rid of....  Bickell and Crawford.  Look, Bickell is the next Dave Bolland.  Yeah, he's nice to have but he wasn't really visible.  And with the emergence of Shaw, you don't need him.  And Crawford may have two rings now but he's the most mediocre ring-winner I've seen.  I'd trade Crawford and Bickell to Philly for one of their logjammed D prosects, a 2015 3rd round pick, and a conditional 2016 midround pick.  The Blackhawks now have taken two nobody goaltenders and turned them into Stanley Cup champions (Niemi and Crawford).  They can do the same with Raanta and Darling... or they could go out and sign Ramo or someone.  Who really cares.  It's plug and play.


As for my Wings?  Yeesh.  They need depth at forward and, imo, a top 4 defenseman.  I think I'd do something rash like.... win the lottery again and try to steal Dougie Hamilton away from the Bruins.  NHL Radio suggests that Edmonton could do this very thing but comon Dougie, Motown is better than Edmonton!

So, what would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Reunite the DOT line in St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. PHI: Brayden Schenn and 29th pick
    TOR: Dion Phaneuf and Matt Frattin

    ReplyDelete