Sunday, April 12, 2015

Redwing77's Bracket

by Redwing77

Redwing77's Stanley Cup Bracket

Goon posted his Bracket Challenge and I'm going to post mine.  I admit to being a bit homer with my Wings and I did post a major upset in the first round.  Sorry Habs fans.  Carey Price seems to actually be a good goaltender and he has chilled from his early career chumpiness.  However, the Habs have had abysmal luck against Ottawa this year.  And, quite honestly, I'd like to throw out a small bone to former Bowling Green State University goaltender, Andrew Hammond.

All in all, however, I think the entire bracket is irrelevant because I truly believe the Rangers are simply going to steamroll anyone they meet and take it all.  I put Chicago in the Finals because Crawford seems to actually play like an elite goaltender when he gets into the playoffs....sometimes anyways.  I believe Dubnyk's insane run ends vs. Oshie and the Blues.  Halak's stumbling continues in the playoffs.  Fleury sieves hardcore before the buzzsaw known as the Rangers.  Honestly, whoever wins the Detroit vs. Tampa series will face the Rangers in the EC Finals.

If my bracket holds together (which any betting man would bet against it), the series to watch will be the Blues vs. Wild, Chicago vs. Nashville (goaltending vs. offense really), and ALL of the Rangers games.  I think the entire Anaheim subbracket is the most boring bracket.

Original Six wins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment