Sunday, October 05, 2014

Bobby Orr on Speed in the NHL, 'It's Dangerous'

I was reading this article over on the Sports Net site and I found something that caught my eye. According to former Boston Bruins defenseman Bobby Orr, the speed of the NHL makes it dangerous.
Luke Fox, Sportsnet.ca -- Orr on speed: “I played a style that coaches didn’t like. Not many players played like that. When I went to junior, I was 14 (and) owned by the Bruins. But they didn’t ask me to change my style. They continued to let me play my way. They thought I was most effective that way, and it certainly helped me.”

“I think teams are looking at L.A. and teams that are more successful and seeing they need speed. There are a lot more good skaters then there were in the past. Without the centre line, you can wind up, go from one end to the other. Guys are coming through the middle with big speed. I think it’s dangerous. I think with the size of the players and the speed of the players, without the centre line, players are being hurt. Teammates are running into each other, and I think it’s dangerous.


No comments:

Post a Comment