Friday, June 06, 2014

TSR Story on Mike Commodore



Here's a good story about former Fighting Sioux defenseman Mike Commodore that I found over on Kukla's Korner. There's some interesting things in this article.
Allan Brown, Top Sports Report -- Following stints with Ottawa, Columbus and Detroit, the 6-4 defenseman would eventually end up playing for the same Lightning team that extinguished his Cup dream the first time.

Since leaving Tampa Bay at the end of the 2012 season, Commodore has been making the rounds, playing with both Hamilton and Texas of the AHL. His most recent stint took him to Russia where he played this past season with the KHL’s Vladivostok Admiral.

At 34, Commie, as he is affectionately known to friends and fans, is keeping his future in the proper perspective with the same never-give-up attitude that has served him well since his earliest playing days when he won an NCAA championship with the University of North Dakota. While still with the Fighting Sioux, he was drafted by the New Jersey Devils. The rest is history.

“I am taking it year by year now,” Commodore said. “I enjoyed my experience in Russia and would like to go back for another year. We will see what happens.

“I have lived in and traveled to a ton of cities. I am trying to slow it down a bit now. Unless something unexpected happens, I think I will spend my time in Calgary and Scottsdale once my career is over,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment