Friday, November 29, 2013

Insect Repelling clothing

Last night, I was surfing the Internet when I came across this website Insect Shield. I found this product to be pretty interesting. Being an active person, this kind of clothing could come in handy. As one who likes the outdoors, we do spent a lot of time fighting off biting insects. I am surprised, I haven't heard about this kind of clothing, until now. I remember one duck season opener and it was 80+ degrees and the Mosquitos were really bad. It almost drove us out of the field. This kind of clothing would have come in clothing, no one wants to bath in deet. Yuck!

Nothing bugs me more than trying to line-up a putt on the golf course, but missing this sure thing give-me putt, because you were getting hammered by mosquitos. I am sure you can imagine your favorite golf hole(s), that Mosquitos are a problem on.  I am thinking of par-three 16th hole at Kings Walk, which has a huge Mosquito breeding lake sitting next to it. At dark, the Mosquitos come out in droves and smoke you. Causing you to do a dance, I call it the Mosquito Macarena.

There's nothing that you can do about it right? looks like Insect Shield could solve that problem for you. 

Whether, I am on the golf course, or sitting on the porch at the hunting shack, or simply walking the dog down by the Red River. Propelling bugs is a full time job, during the summer months, especially if you live in the North Country.  

I am going to give it a try and see if it works.

Which insects does Insect Shield repel?
Insect Shield® Repellent Apparel has been proven and registered to repel mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers, and midges (no-see-ums). Insect Shield® Repellent Gear has been proven and registered to repel mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, and flies. The EPA requires extensive effectiveness data to prove a product's ability to repel insects. Many species and varieties of these insects have been tested, including those that can carry dangerous diseases.

Here’s something that I found to be essential as well.  Outer wear gets dirty and washing clothing repeatedly wears out your clothing and fast. 

Durable
The repellency of Insect Shield apparel is EPA-registered to last through 70 launderings—the expected lifetime of a garment. This is also well beyond the life of most performance finishes commonly used in the technical-apparel industry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment