Sunday, August 04, 2013

Sunday Evening Post: Interesting comment on Hakstol


I found this comment on Brad's blog tonight. I think it's an interesting comment, but it also brings up a topic for debate. Of course, there's nothing else to talk about right now, during the off-season.

Recently, back in June I was on 1310 with Jarrod Thomas and we were discussing Dave Hakstol's tenure at UND and how some are getting restless and with the head coach and how you see quips like this every once in a while on the various blogs around the internet.

As most of you know, I am a fan of Hak and I think that he's worth that they're paying him, but I do think It’s fair to question his salary. He’s a public figure.

In the last year or so, there seems to be more and more angst and antipathy popping on the internet message boards and blogs. Often I get comments on blog and I see a few on other places as well. Frankly, if UND didn't pay him, he'd get snatched up by someone else, top-flight coaches don't come cheap.
Enhanced by Zemanta