Friday, May 10, 2013

So do the Wild fire the head coach Mike Yeo?

So it begins…Will he stay or will he go? I think that Mike Yeo is a good hockey coach. In my opinion, I think the Minnesota Wild are going in the right direction, I think a change at the head coaching position at this time is counterproductive. The Wild have a lot of good players that are ready to make a contribution to their program, in the minors. Jason Zucker, Charlie Coyle got great minutes in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

As for some of the replacements that some have suggested… I am sorry, but I will take a pass on Lindy Ruff. Ruff was the head coach in Buffalo for 15 years and he has as many Stanley Cups as Mike Yeo. As far as Dave Tippett goes, he’s a good hockey coach, I would rather see him than Ruff any day, if there had to be a change at the head coaching position.
Michael Russo, Russo’s Rants – Now big questions have to addressed this offseason, and … I will address that in Saturday’s paper.

One, obviously has to do with Yeo. GM Chuck Fletcher is safe, I believe. If Yeo isn’t safe, it would come from the GM, not the owner. And with Lindy Ruff and maybe even Dave Tippett dangling, this will be a lasting topic unless Fletcher publicly puts it to bed.

But Fletcher will have to evaluate everything, and that includes the job he is doing.

I still think the Wild’s future is bright, but the Wild isn’t big enough up front, isn’t fast enough and doesn’t have enough finishers. The blue line is an issue. The Wild will have to find a way to accomplish this. If you don’t get to pick first or second overall or third overall or whatever, like Chicago did with Kane and Toews, and Pittsburgh did with Crosby and Malkin, it’s hard to replicate that route.
Yet another blog(s)

I didn’t really mention it here yet, but I have been asked to write for the Hockey Wilderness. So, I will be writing about Wild Hockey college hockey as well. Here are a few of my of my articles. I was also recently picked up by Get Real Hockey which is own by former L.A. Kings forward Bernie Nicholls.

Wild fans are getting anxious

Wild's Zucker says, “I'll take it from here”

Saturday Morning Pontifications: Wild pull disappearing act in Chicago

Mike Yeo has Wild on the right track: Friday Morning Reading

Minnesota Wild Goaltending: Thursday morning Pontifications