Wednesday, May 15, 2013

EDIT: Sharks' Torres Scheduled for hearing for hit on Kings' Jarrett Stoll


EDIT: I don't know... Raffi Torres doesn't leave his feet, he keeps his elbow in and he attempts to hit him in the torso, I think this call is based on reputation. Just for the record, I am not a Sharks fan by any stretch, I think the Chris Kelly elbow on James van Riemsdyk was worse and there wasn't a suspension for that hit. I am not saying that Torres doesn't deserve a suspension, but in this case I think the league is piling on and is going to make an example out of Torres like they did with Matt Cooke.



Based on his past history, you have to guess this hearing won’t end well for Sharks' forward Raffi Torres. In looking at the hit, while it's a hit to the head, and I can see a game or two suspension for this hit, I have seen worse hits not get scrutiny, this past season. I don't think that this hit is worthy of a big-time suspension. The fact that the hearing is in-person means that the suspension could be five game suspenior longer for this hit.
TSN.CA STAFF -- San Jose Sharks forward Raffi Torres is scheduled for a disciplinary hearing for his hit on Jarret Stoll of the Los Angeles Kings in Game 1 on Tuesday.

The league has offered an in-person hearing, meaning Torres could be suspended for five or more games.
Just for the record, I am no way an apologist for Raffi Torres, but I at like to see the Wheel of Justice spin equally for all involved. I am wondering what others think of this hit. Is the league going to throw the book at Torres?


Enhanced by Zemanta