Monday, April 08, 2013

Wow! Things have gotten bad in Minnesota

On occasion, I will visit the Gopher Puck Live webpage for a good laugh, and today I got a good laugh. Apparently, this picture was in one of the posts, of a thread titled Gophers Off-Season 2013. From reading the message board, I gleaned that Hammy of GPL podcast fame, is upset that Former Notre Dame Alumnus and current head coach Don Lucia would dare wear a Fighting Irish Jersey to his son’s hockey game.  
You coach another team...

You recruit against this team whose jersey you are wearing...

What the hell are you doing?


I understand family comes first in life but wearing the colors/jersey of another team while employed by a competing program is disloyal to our fans IMO. That annoys me.
Like I have said in the past, I am not an apologist for the Minnesota Gophers coaching staff, but this is kind of petty, and family does comes first, especially when your teams season is over.
Having been to a few post game pressers, these hockey coaches are under a lot of pressure and put their heart and souls into their seasons. I am not going to fault a guy for taking a minute to enjoy his son’s hockey game.