Thursday, February 14, 2013

Final Thoughts on Matt Cooke’s hit on Erik Karlsson



Today, the discussion on twitter and around the hockey blogsphere is the hit that Matt Cooke put on Erik Karlsson.  You can see the hit on the embedded video posted above.
The NHL’s department of Player Safety has reviewed the play and will not suspend Matt Cooke.
First, I hate Matt Cooke, I think he is a disgusting P.O.S. and if this guy was hurt in a fight or by a check and could never play in the NHL again, I wouldn’t be upset. I hold the guy in the lowest regards. Also, if he was standing in front of me I would tell this to his face.  
I understand that Cooke has cleaned up his act on the ice, but you can put chocolate frosting on a turd, it’s still a turd. I also don’t care what Cooke does off the ice; this low life scum has ruined too many good players’ careers on the ice. I also doubt that Marc Savard will donate money to Matt Cooke’s charities, again, it's Matt Cooke.  
To me, Cooke is no different that Todd Bertuzzi.
That being said, I don’t think that Matt Cooke intended to make a dirty check in this instance. The fact that it’s Matt Cooke people will always look at him with skepticism.