Wednesday, December 26, 2012

More on the Boone Jenner Hit on Sweden's Pettersson



This is the extended video that one of the reads Rushmore suggested that I put up. This video give a better view of the Boone Jenner hit on Sweden's Jesper Petterson. There is also some analysis from TSN's Bob McKenzie. While I agree that the hit is a suspendable hit, there is no doubt about it, I am still not convinced that this hit is worthy of a three game suspension. I think that a two game suspension would suffice to say the least. 

Like Bob McKenzie said in the video, in the National Hockey League anything after half of a second is considered a late hit. So, yeah, you can't hit someone after the half second, I get that, but I also think that the IIHF is taking into account that Jenners has a reupuation of being a hard hitter, I added a hit from last year's WJC. Boone Jenner hammers Finland Defenseman Olli Maatta, during a game between Finland and Canada during the 2012 IIHF WJC.


Enhanced by Zemanta