Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Notes from the Wednesday press conference

English: Ralph Engelstadt Arena at the Univers...


Here are some of things that I picked up from today’s Wednesday UND hockey press conference for the Men's and Women's teams.
UND Women’s head coach Brian Idalski on his team’s play this past weekend. 

“I think we say a lot – we’re almost good,” Idalski said. “We’ll make a play here – we’ll make a play there and then we just don’t finish it off or something happens, or we’ll make a mistake and it ends up costing us – there is a lot of good things – a lot of things we’re improving on.  But we just can’t seem to put it all together for a full 60 minutes yet. Something we’re working on – I think something that we’re going to get – it’s just going to take a little time… we’re almost really good.”

Coach Idalsk was asked about the status of injured forwards Leah Jensen and Michelle Karvinen.

“I got nothing new on that,” Idalski said. 

UND Freshman Forward Bryn Chyzyk had this to say about playing with Derek Rodwell and Steph Pattyn.  

 “It’s fun,” Chyzyk said. “I am not used to it right now – but I really enjoy it – it’s fun.  I think, I feel like kind of our role is to – maybe when the crowd is sitting down – kind of settled in – to kind of get them on their feet; get them going – to get the guys on the bench – to get them going and scoring some goals for us. So… it’s a fun role to be a part of for sure, I like playing with those two guys and yeah I enjoy it.” 

Chyzyk was asked, how intense of a person is Steph Pattyn. 

It’s funny you ask, I played against him up in Manitoba. I was so scared of that guy, he’s a scary guy to play against, but I defiantly like him a lot better on my team.” 

This is what UND freshman goalie Zane Gothberg had to say about getting his first collegiate start and  also his first win of collegiate career. 

“It felt great,” Gothberg said. “It’s been a long time coming I guess, growing up in Thief River you always dreamed about coming out and stepping on the ice in the Ralph it’s kind of a dream come true. Not only to play your first game; but to pick up the win as well.”  

UND head coach Dave Hakstol was asked if we will see the line of Danny Kristo, Corbin Knight and Rocco Grimaldi will be on the same line this weekend. 

Probably it depends on how the games go, I mean… they won’t play together I don’t think, to start the weekend but you know at any time obviously were going to mix things up when we feel that we need to. we stayed really consistent with our lines throughout most of last weekend’s games until we got to that last ten minutes when we were down by a goal I just felt we need to mix it up a little bit to try to get ourselves back in that game. Probably the flow of the game and the tempo of the game and where we’re at different times in the game will dictate whether or not we will see the three.. Any combination of three guys together.”

UND forward Michael Parks will not play this weekend and his status is unchanged. 
Enhanced by Zemanta