Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Nanne – ‘Good chance Parise’ signs with the Wild

First off, color me cynical, if not almost suspicious that Lou Nanne is on record after conveniently talking to the Wild Wild owner Craig Leipold that he believes that Parise is going to sign with the Minnesota Wild.
Judd Zulgad, 1500ESPN.com --- Former North Stars president and general manager Lou Nanne confirmed as much on Tuesday during his weekly appearance on "Reusse and Mackey" on 1500 ESPN. Nanne said that after talking to Wild owner Craig Leipold last week he believes, "the Wild are going to throw the kitchen sink" at the winger in order to land him.

Nanne said he thinks the fact the financially strapped Devils lost in the Cup finals make it less likely that Parise will stick with that organization. Parise has spent his seven-year NHL career with New Jersey and served as the team's captain.

"I was under the belief that he would have to win the Cup to come to Minnesota until I talked to Craig Leipold last week," Nanne said. "I've gotta tell you, the Wild are going to throw the kitchen sink at him. I think there's a good chance he ends up in Minnesota, because I don't see anybody in the National Hockey League willing to give as much to Parise as the Wild are going to be willing to give. So I would not be surprised if Zach Parise came home."

Nanne went on to say that the Wild will pursue Parise and Nashville defenseman Ryan Suter, who also will be a free agent on July 1.
When Parise asked about his future the Devils captain wasn’t ready to talk about the issue.
“I’m not going to talk about that,” the Devils captain said. “I’m not going to talk about that.”
Now that the Stanley Cup Finals are over the six-10 million dollar question is where is former Fighting Sioux All-American forward Zach Parise is going to sign after the July first? I have seen where the Rangers, Redwings, Wild, Bruins and Kings as potential teams where he might end up. I wouldn’t rule New Jersey out either; apparently the New Jersey Devils made 32 million dollars into their coffers off of their Stanley Cup Playoff run.
Enhanced by Zemanta