Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Flyers fans unhinged - Shanahan is the reason the Flyers lost series


I don’t like to use acceptable and coarse language on my blog but some of this stuff needs to be exposed because I think this type of "anti-social" behavior is unacceptable and almost as bad as some of the racial epithets that were posted on line after the Joel Ward goal.

Yesterday I illustrated lack of class by some Flyers fans – I know that there were quite a few of the Flyers fan base that was very upset with Brendan Shanahan because of Claude Giroux’s suspension. Personally, I think the NHL made the right decision in suspending Claude Giroux for his illegal hit to the head on Dainius Zubrus, what I found puzzling is some of the tweets directed at the VP of Player safety. 

Just for the record I think that Shanahan has done an inconsistent job but I don't know if he deserves some of this crap that has been directed his way. I know Shanahan is a public figures but this stuff is unacceptable. 



These people have to be proud of themselves; here we have homophobic slurs directed at Brendan Shanahan which again goes beyond the realm of what is considered acceptable and decent behavior.

I also think that we have a few conspiracy theorists that blame Shanahan for the Flyers loss because he once played for the New Jersey Devils. I guess it wasn't the Flyers fault for not playing better in the last four games. The Devils were better and the suspension to Giroux probably didn't make that much of a difference because the Flyers had nothing in response to the Devils in this series. 




Enhanced by Zemanta