Monday, May 07, 2012

Classy fan posts to Brendan Shanahan - No they're not fakes




There are fans that just take it too far – rewind to game seven between the Boston Bruins and the Washington Capitals – as soon as Joel Ward scored the game winning goal against the Boston Bruins racist tweets started showing up on twitter. 

Fast forward to May 7th 2012 the National Hockey league suspended Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux one game for his hit to the head on Devils forward Dainius Zubrus. These are some of the tweets that I found on line as fans displayed their displeasure with Brendan Shanaha.  

I apologize for the coarse language on these tweets but I am using them to illustrate a point and I think it's necesarry and important to see first hand what kind of what kind of trash fans are posting on twitter and on the internet. Some of this stuff is down right disgusting and transcend normal and decent human behavior and in my opinion is almost as bad as the objectionable and racist tweets that were targeted at Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward.

I get it, people are upset with Brendan Shanahan but come on people, lets show some decency.  







Enhanced by Zemanta