Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jordan Schmaltz re-confirms commitment to UND

USHL.COM
Doesn’t sound like UND hockey fans don’t have to worry about losing Jordan Schmaltz to the Major Junior ranks as he states that he is committed to playing for UND.
Kevin Baumer; Hockey Prospect ---Schmaltz is set on honoring his new commitment to the University of North Dakota, which has produced NHL stars Zach Parise and Jonathan Toews in recent years, despite being at the center of a tug-of-war between the Canadian junior leagues and collegiate hockey.

In October the Windsor Spitfires went public with their recruitment of the heralded prospect. Schmaltz can't help being in high demand, but all he's worried about is fulfilling a life-long dream of attending college and following his family's legacy.


“I've always wanted to go to college,” he says. “My Dad went to North Dakota, my two uncles, they all played football there. They're actually all from there too. I think it's a no-brainer to go to North Dakota. I still want to go the college route and I think ultimately it will make me the best player I can be.”
Enhanced by Zemanta