Monday, November 21, 2011

Dr Recchi rips Vancouver, Bieksa rips Recchi

Mark Recchi and Max LapierreImage by slidingsideways via Flickr
Apparently Dr. Mark Recchi has stirred up the Vancouver Canucks with a few of his comments he made on a radio show in Boston last week.

You can hear Recchi's comments on the media file below. If my memory serves me right I also recall saying some of the same things about the Vancouver Canucks, " I have said in the past that the Vancouver Canucks are one of the most unlikable teams in the NHL (next to the Montreal Canadians and their fans)."


Below is the transcript of Recchi's comments.
“(In) 22 years they are the most arrogant team I played against and the most hated team I’ve ever played against,” Recchi said on 98.5 the Sports Hub. “I couldn’t believe their antics, their falling and diving. It was very frustrating, but at the same time as the series wore on we knew we were getting to them and we knew our physical play and our skating, I think it caught them off guard a little bit.”
 Apparently the Vancouver Canucks didn't appreciate Mark Recchi's comments. In particular Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa was less than impressed with Recchi's comments as well. 
NESN.COM --- "Isn't he retired? What's he doing? Tell him to go play a round of golf or take a nap," Bieksa said, according to The Province.
Bieksa then insisted that you can call the Canucks a lot of things, but he doesn't think "arrogant" is one of them.

"The twins are so humble and you may not like playing against guys like Maxim Lapierre and Alex Burrows, but they're not arrogant," he said. "I just don't get it. Mark Recchi can go take a nap."
Really? In my opinion, I think Alex Burrows and Maxim Lapierre are two of the biggest frauds in the NHL, when these two clowns aren't posing as punks on the ice they they are diving up and down the ice when ever the opposition breaths on them.


Enhanced by Zemanta