1. Colorado College – The Tigers (4-0-0, 2-0-0 WCHA) swept the RPI Engineers (4-1, 4-1) in Potsdam, N.Y. This weekend the Tigers travel to Omaha, Nebraska to play the UNO Mavericks.
2. Minnesota – The Gophers (7-1-0, 4-0-0) are red hot after sweeping the UAA Seawolves in Anchorage this past weekend (5-0, 3-1). The Minnesota Gophers play their “arch rival” the Fighting Sioux this weekend in Mariucci arena.
3. Denver – The Pioneers (3-2-1, 2-1-1 WCHA) left Houghton, Michigan with “one” point after being pounded on Friday night by a score of 7-2, the Huskies and Pioneers skated to a 2-2 tie on Saturday 2-2.
4. Wisconsin – The Badgers (4-4-0, 3-3-0 WCHA) split with the UNO Mavericks in Madison, Wisconsin this past weekend. The Badgers lost on 5-4 on Friday before coming back to beat the Mavericks 6-3 on Saturday night. The Badgers will now travel to Saint Cloud to play the Huskies this weekend.
5. UMD – The Bulldogs (4-3-1, 2-2-0 WCHA) swept the BSU Beavers 6-2 and 1-0 at Amsoil Arena. The Bulldogs travel to the Mile High City to play the Denver Pioneers.
6. North Dakota – The Fighting Sioux (3-4-1, 1-3-0 WCHA) split their series with the SCSU Huskies. This weekend the Fighting Sioux travel to Mariucci Arena
7. St. Cloud State – The Huskies (3-4-1, 1-1-0 WCHA) split with the Fighting Sioux in Grand Forks, ND 4-0 and 3-1. The Huskies entertain the Wisconsin Badgers this weekend.
7. Nebraska-Omaha – (4-4-0, 3-1-0 WCHA) split with the Badgers in Madison Wisconsin 5-4 and 6-3. The Mavericks entertain the C.C. Tigers this weekend.
9. Bemidji – The BSU Beavers (3-5-0, 2-4-0 WCHA) were swept by the UMD Bulldogs 6-2 and 1-0 in Amsoil Arena this past weekend in Bemidji.
9. Michigan Tech – The surprising Huskies (5-2-1, 3-2-1 WCHA) took three of four points from the Denver Pioneers, The Huskies entertain the injury riddled Mavericks of Minnesota State University-Mankato.
11. Alaska-Anchorage – The Seawovles (3-4-1, 0-4-0) Swept by the Minnesota Gophers in Anchorage, Alaska this past weekend. The Seawolves are off this weekend.
12. Minnesota State – The Mavericks (0-4-0, 1-5-0) were off this past weekend and travel to Houghton, Michigan to play the MTU Huskies.
Next weekend the Sioux and the Gophers will be on FSN on Friday and BTN on Saturday Night.
Next weekend, Minnesota returns home to Mariucci to face the twelfth-ranked and very
lovedhated University of North Dakota. Friday’s game starts at 7 PM and is broadcast on Fox Sports North while Saturday’s game starts at 7:30 and is broadcast on the Big Ten Network. [minnesota.sbnation.com]