Friday, October 14, 2011

Jake Hanson, Minnesota is supposed to be the premier program

Goldy Gopher, University of Minnesota-Twin Cit...Image via WikipediaMinnesota Gophers forward Jake Hanson has stirred some discussion with his comments that he made in the Pioneer Press. If I was a head hockey coach I am not that I would want to hear that coming out of one of my players mouth. What do you think?
Ray Richardson, Pioneer Press --- The Bulldogs' title has magnified the questionable stature of the Gophers' program. For Gophers players, it's unsettling to know the NCAA championship trophy is only three hours north of the Twin Cities.

"For a lot of years, we have been the dominant program over Duluth," said defenseman Jake Hansen, one of only seven seniors on the Gophers' roster. "They have the crown now...that's a little strange. The University of Minnesota is supposed to be the premier program. That's what we're trying to get back to this year."
While I don't think historically Hansen is wrong, however, you don't want to wake up a sleeping giant. You let sleeping dogs lie. If I was the Bulldog head coach I would take these comments put them on the bulletin board and use these comments to my team's advantage. That being said, this should prove to be a great college hockey series and should be an early measuring for both the Bulldogs and Gophers. 
Enhanced by Zemanta