Saturday, October 29, 2011

Did he really say that?

sctimes photo
I was reading UCHO.COM and in Tim Boger's gamer I noticed this little news nugget. Take a look at this puzzling statement by Ryan Faragher.
“That definitely helps to get the first couple of shots out of the way,” he said. “I think the way the guys played allowed me to see the puck when I needed to. Bad penalties aside, I think we really outplayed them.”
Since Faraghers team was badly outshot 44-23 and out played that's not a very accurate statement. Let’s not forget to give credit where credit is due, Faragher had a very good night but that game could have been 8 or 9-3 in favor of the Fighting Sioux. The Sioux were all over the Huskies and couldn't get anything past the freshman goalie. If I was one of the leaders on the team that statement would be on the blackboard in the Fighting Sioux locker room.