Thursday, October 27, 2011

Brad Marchand fights Hab's P.K. Subban


First let me preface this with, I don't like Hab's defenseman P.K. Subban one bit, first Subban plays for the evil empire the Montreal Canadians. Second I think Subban is a big mouth punk. If you think I am exaggerating focus on Subban during a game he skates up and down the ice running his mouth than ussally hides behind the refs when someone calls his bluff. Of course he only proves my point by picking a fight with a much smaller player like Marchand.

That being said, I do think Subban is an awesome hockey player, he is big and skates well, he got a great shot from the point and he is a decent puck mover. I would like see more hockey and less unsportsmanlike/questionable behavior. Subbans on ice antics is what really ruins it for me.

I actually think if you took a poll Subban would be ranked as one of the biggest punks currently playing in the NHL. This fight was bound to happen, however, the refs saved Subban earlier in the night when the two agitators tried to fight only to have the linesmen intercede. On paper this fight would seem to be a miss match Subban is quite a much bigger body at 6'0" and 206 pounds while Brad Marchand is relatively smaller player at 5'9" and weighs 183. If anything Subban should be fighting Milan Lucic or Shawn Thornton.
Enhanced by Zemanta