Saturday, August 13, 2011

Is there a counter law suit coming?

North Dakota Fighting Sioux men's ice hockeyImage via Wikipedia
This was on Rob Port's sayanything blog last night... As soon as I hear something I will post it up on the blog...
Update: I’m being told by nickname supporters that tribal interests are considering a lawsuit against the NCAA, so it would appear as though this issue is far from over though I don’t have any details to add at this point.
Look I get it, the Fighting Sioux nickname is gone, I think most of us knew that before the ND delegation went to the NCAA office in Indiana. That being said, I would love to see this issue finally go to a court of law where some pasty white judge could tell a person of Native American decent (that supports the Fighting Sioux nickname) that they can’t have to the Fighting Sioux nickname because it’s hostile and abusive. How would they respond to that?