Saturday, May 07, 2011

MPR links up MacTavish blog post...

I thought it was interesting so posted it.
4) THE NEW WILD COACH IS...?

The Star Tribune and other sports outlets are reporting that former NHL player and coach Craig MacTavish is the favorite to be the next coach of the Minnesota Wild.

That presents an immediate PR problem -- maybe -- for the Wild. MacTavish killed a woman while he was driving drunk years ago on the main drag north of Boston, where he played as a member of the Bruins. Vehicular homicide in Massachusetts carried a 20-year prison term. He got a year in a minimum security prison and his release from the Bruins to go play for somebody else.

Is that a problem? One hockey blogger -- Goon's World -- says it is:


While I am sure that some of you will say but that it was a long time ago and what's the big deal Goon, however, I ask you to look at this way, think of the victim and her family, Kim Radley would have been 53 years old today if her life hadn't have been cut short by a selfish drunk driver. I am being serious, do we really want a coach of the hometown team the Minnesota Wild to be a former felon that committed vehicle homicide? Which in my opinion was a very preventable and unnecessary death. If I am missing the point, please tell why, I also imagine that I am not the only one that feels this way.


MacTavish got his master's degree in business last year