Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Compare and contrast - What's the difference?


I know I am going to take some flak from fellow Sioux fans but watch the DU coach and what he says during the press conference. Seriously, say what you want about George Gwozdecky but I believe the man is a class act, to start the press conference he gives credit to his opponent… This seems to be a reoccurring theme. I had a chance to see him speak at two press conferences during the Final Five and in both instances coach Gwozdecky gave credit and kudos to the opposing team that his own team just played, Coach Hakstol did as well in both cases. Check out what Coach Hakstol had to say after Yale beat UND last year in the regional. [click to watch]

Now watch this press conference. Do you hear the coach from Yale give the UMD Bulldogs any credit? When I was in college one of my old football coaches said you win with class and you lose with class, you give your opponent credit as well. Yale didn't lose because of the officiating, they lost because UMD was the better team.