Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year – Moving Forward…

Another year has come and gone at Goon’s World. This year was the most successful date as we had 456,000+ visitors. I personally would like to thank everyone that stopped by to read our blog … At the bottom of the blog I added the Popular Posts widget and the most popular blog post of the year was Halak scores on himself, which incidentally or maybe it was accidentally made Fox Sports, there was 10,000+ hits on that article for one day… I woke up the morning after I submitted that blog post and looked at the stats and said, "what's going on here?" Blogging is a lot like life, you really never know what article is going to be popular or which one is going to be a dud, you just kind have to go with the flow. I also, have thank YardBarker has been very good to Goon’s World.

The second most popular article was Andrew Ladd with the Stanley Cup, thanks to Puck Daddy… Occasional Goon’s World contributor Amy aka Lets Go Mavs made the top ten posts of the year with her post MN's "Pride on Ice" is officially the "Pathetic on Ice" (by LGM) . While I have gotten some flak from Sioux fans for letting her post on Goon’s World, I do think she brings an interesting perspective to the table and this blog is about heated discussions. I don’t see anything wrong with taking an occasional dig at the Gophers fan base… They aren't as much fun when their team is losing though.

I appreciate everyone that writes for Goon’s World; Sioux7, Redwing77, the Whistler, LGM, Kevin Wiley… Thanks a lot for your efforts… Seriously, it’s harder than it looks… Retired and former Goon’s World Contributor Gordon Anderson is now writing for the Ottawa Sun...

I would also like to thank the Bemidji State University SID Brad Folkestad for credentialing me for the historic first WCHA series between the BSU Beavers and the UND Fighting Sioux. While for some reason I haven’t been able to get a press pass just to attend the Wednesday press briefings and post game press conferences for UND hockey, Brad was kind enough to save me a spot for me in the BREC center press box when there were many requests for press passes… Brad Folkestad and the BSU SID office run a first class organization...

I learned a lot of interesting things that weekend about being in press row, first if you going to report the game in time via Twitter, Face Book, it’s harder than it looks. You also have to be really good at typing, but also an awesome multitasker. Lastly, you also have to pace yourself with the Diet Coke or you end up missing a goal or key play…