Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wild looking at Jose Theodore

I have a feeling it could be a long season for the Minnesota Wild if Niklas Backstrom were to get hurt or have another sub par season like last year. I am also not a big fan of Jose Theodore, I think he is past is prime in my humble opinion.
COLUMBUS, OHIO - If the Wild is interested in bringing in free agent Jose Theodore to replace injured Josh Harding, the longtime NHL goaltender would be interested in coming, his agent said Monday night.

Don Meehan, whose firm also represents Harding, said he spoke with Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher on Sunday about Theodore.

"When Chuck called to tell me Harding would be out for the season, Chuck said to me, 'Look, I've got to make a move.' And I said, 'Keep me in the loop. Jose Theodore is available,'" Meehan said. "He said, 'That's certainly an interesting possibility.'

"I told Chuck to keep me in mind. I think they'll probably get their staff together and assess where they go from here, but I'd say, 'It's a consideration for them, yes, and Jose would be intrigued by Minnesota.'"