Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gone Fishing - Vacation time...

Gone Fishing - I need a vacation! So this week we are going to put Goon’s World on a summer vacation as well. I am off to go Walleye fishing in Devils Lake 12-15 July and I will be staying at my hunting shack north of Devils Lake, ND with Sioux7 and a few other friends of mine. Everyone needs decompression time.

I am ready for a vacation and I am pretty much just going to have fun and go where the wind blows me. I am excited to also be playing in the Galen Nagle Golf Tourney on Friday July, 16 2010. A long time ago I had the pleasure of meeting Galen and he was a definitely a quality guy. I think the Galen Nagle Golf tourney is a nice touch and a great honor to an awesome guy. Hopefully, this season our team can place again.

Recently I started playing some more golf and I have been playing a few rounds of golf at Lincoln Park Golf Course so I could get used to playing at a course that is lined with trees like Bemidji Town and Country Club. Of course Lincoln is not even comparable to the BTCC but Kings Walk has no trees that come into play on the course. If your ball is laying next to a to one of the four tree at Kings Walk your probably not having a very good day of golf, you might not even be in bounds.

While I am in Bemidji I am supposed to get a tour of the new BREC if time permits. If I am able to get in there and take a toure I will post some pictures up on the blog. Last time I was in Bemidji I forgot to take my camera so I wasn't able to get any pictures of the BREC from the outside.

This week if anything significant happens; Redwing77 will post something on the Goon’s World. I know we are waiting to hear where Ilya Kovalchuk is going to end up. The more this thing drags on the more with Kovaluchuk the more the other major transactions are kind of on the back burner until this things gets worked out.

Please also remember former Fighting Sioux hockey player Perry Nakonechny in your thoughts and prayers. Nako was a member on the 1987 NCAA Championship team. Perry has foughyt a tough fight against cancer and it sounds like he isn't doing well. I have known Perry for about 10 years from days at Valley Golf and Kings Walk and he is a quality guy as well.
Our warrior is nearing the end of his battle. He has fought with strength and courage. He is resting peacefully now as he prepares to accept the trophy of eternal life in heaven. Please don't think he lost his battle with cancer. It is clear to me that he is a champion.

BallHype: hype it up!

1 comment: