Thursday, December 17, 2009

Weekend(s) Match-Ups (by Sioux 7)

This will most likely be my last article of 2009, so lets do this thing.

Here are the WCHA standings at the half way mark of the season (everyone has played 14 out of 28 league games).

Looking at the standing a couple things stick out to me.
1-UAA and MTU are the only teams with double digit loses
2-UAA and MTU are the only teams with out a tie
3-Only 6 points separate the top 6 teams

#...TEAM...............W-L-T..PTS
1 Denver...............9-3-2...20
2 Colorado College.....8-3-3...19
3 Wisconsin............8-4-2...18
4 Minnesota-Duluth.....8-5-1...17
5 St. Cloud State......7-5-2...16
6 North Dakota.........6-6-2...14
7 Minnesota............6-7-1...13
8 Minnesota State......5-8-1...11
9 Alaska-Anchorage.....4-10-0...8
10 Michigan Tech.......2-12-0...4

Friday, December 18, 2009
Michigan Tech at Northern Michigan
I'm have to go with the Huskies to beat the Wildcat defectors (fyi - NMU left the WCHA after the 1991-92 season). This should be a good game to watch since they are battling for bragging rights in the Upper Peninsula.

Nebraska-Omaha at Minnesota State
I'm going with the Mavericks to win this game :) This two teams have been playing each other on a regular basis for the past few season, and next year it will be WCHA league games.

Saturday, December 19, 2009
US Under-20 Team at North Dakota
It will be Dean Blais' return to UND, as the coach of the U-20 team. I'm going to say UND uses this game to play with the line match-ups and get all the goalie's some action. SIOUX WIN, welcome back Blais!
Minnesota State at Nebraska-Omaha
The re-match, again I'm going with the Mavericks :)
(I can't lose with these type of games!)

Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Florida College Classic
Colorado College vs. Cornell
This should be a drubbing, should... TIGERS WIN

Great Lakes Invitational
Michigan State vs. Michigan Tech
I love the WCHA, but I think the Spartans are the better team, SPARTY WINS.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Florida College Classic
Princeton/Maine vs. Colorado College
I'm going to cheat on this won too and pick the the TIGERS (sorry Black Bears).

Great Lakes Invitational
RPI/Michigan vs. Michigan Tech
If its MTU-RPI, I'll go with the Huskies, if MTU-UM I'm going with the Wolverines.

Sioux 7 would like to wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to the Goon's World readers, I'll type at you all next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment