Saturday, April 18, 2009

More unflattering things about Risebrough.

Minnesota Wild beat writer Mike Russo has a few more interesting revelations that make you really shake your head and wonder how Risebrough could get away with this stuff for so long. You can not play a player with a concussion and you hope that Brent Burns doesn't have any long term effects because of him playing with a concussion. Sinus infection? Give me a break the team trainer needs to be sent packing as well.

Burns, 24, was injured in practice Jan. 26 but wasn't shut down until March 7. He is still affected with severe postconcussion syndrome.

"I met with Brent in L.A. [March 6]," Salcer said. "We're having lunch with him and [fellow client Derek Boogaard] and he's telling me about when he hit his head six weeks earlier. So I'm listening to him, and I'm incredulous listening to him.

"He's telling me how, 'Ronny, I'm an avid reader and I'm not able to read on the bus anymore. I get headaches that go all around my head. I can't sleep. During the game, I'm not focusing. I feel like everything is happening, but I'm reacting slow. I go, 'Brent, are you kidding me? You've got a concussion. You cannot play. You cannot play anymore!'

He's so loyal to the team, he was afraid. He said, 'I don't want to tell them that. I don't want to burn a bridge.' I said, 'Burn a bridge? They just exploded one on you. You cannot play.'"

Burns was shut down the next day.

There you go Wild fans the General Manager didn't re-open negotiations with Gaborik's agent said that the Wild didn't even open negotiations, how the hell are they going to sign him if you don't at least make an offer to sign him? This doesn't make sense at all. The old school general manager that treats players like piece of meat are over.
Salcer said this all comes back to Risebrough.

"It starts at the top. He's the manager, and he's got that old-school, you've-got-to-play-through-everything [attitude]," Salcer said. "They did the same thing to Marian before he had hip surgery."

With Risebrough and coach Jacques Lemaire gone, Salcer was asked if this would sway Gaborik to returning.

"I called Tom Lynn personally in November, spoke with Tom and said, 'Would you be interested in reopening negotiations with Marian?' I'm still waiting for him to return that phone call. I never heard back ever," Salcer said.

"That's in November. And so, the season went. And now when you look at July 1 on the horizon where we can talk to every team in the league, certainly we have to take that opportunity very seriously and we will. Having said that, should the organization want to call me, we'll listen to and explore anything. But we certainly see July 1 in the landscape here."

No comments:

Post a Comment