Thursday, January 10, 2008

MTU and UND

I found this video on youtube, reminded me of old time hockey and Eddie Shore. This weekend UND plays MTU in an important WCHA match up, there are no weekends off in this league, and this isn't the CCHA. It's time for the Sioux to show some heart and sweep this series. One could say that this is a make or break weekend. While I don't like cliché’s it is time to find out if my team is a contender or a pretender. If the Sioux are going to win this series they are going to have to play with an edge and be ready to do the things that MTU does. The Sioux must play like they did when they played the Badgers in Madison in November. Hit the skilled forwards and counter attack. The Sioux need to be miserable to play against. We used to say when I was in football that it's beter to be the hammer than it is to be the nail.

MTU is not afraid to do the things that they need to do to win the games. MTU has one of the best goalie tandems in the WCHA, one could call it a two headed monster and it doesn't matter which one is in the net as Rob Nolan is 5-5-0 with a 2.50 gaa and a .903 save % and Michael-Lee Teslak is 4-4-2 with a 1.71 GAA and a .934 save %.
UND will have to move their feet against MTU or run the risk of getting run out of the building. I am hoping the Fighting Sioux remember the bitter pill they had to swallow after being swept by MTU in our building last season.

Haven't we seen this prediction before?

Bethlyn: UND 9-0, UND 7-0. The Sioux will walk all over the WCHA “perennial doormats.” Print this out and hang it in the locker room, Coach Russell.

Hum, I don't think this is going to work this season.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh... Goon... do you have to post that video? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Goon. UND has to sweep this series, for a couple of reasons. One reason is to gain some momentum in this half, another is to get some seperation from MTU and UMD in the standings, to try and get a firm grip on the number 3 spot.

    Don't forget Goon, I lost that bet last series, so I owe you a beer at this weekends games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No drinking tonight Goon has to work at 0000-0800. Yikes unless you want to go to breakfast at McMenhemys (SP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know it was smash mouth hockey at the end of the game.
    I like it... :)

    ReplyDelete